Senior Product Manager at Fastly
Title: Senior Product Manager – Signals
- Location: US (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Product Manager – Signals
The Security Product team collaborates with teams throughout the company to build and expand Fastly’s application security products and services, including the portfolio of Signal Sciences products. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is passionate about application security to help build our core security experiences, from detection, to visibility, to response.
What You’ll Do
- Define security product strategies, and drive their execution, by shipping new product features and improvements that further the Signals portfolio vision for application security at Fastly.
- Partner with a team of security research engineers to develop, prioritize, and implement a roadmap of web application and API attack, abuse, and anomaly detection capabilities.
- Work with product and marketing leadership to evangelize the Signals portfolio at the heart of our flagship security product, Signal Sciences, to the application security marketplace.
What We’re Looking For
A self-starter with proven ability to dive into the technical details of complicated systems while remaining focused on the larger vision, good interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for learning, doing, giving and growing with the Product team and the company. A successful candidate will have deep application and/or information security experience and be able to connect threat research and product innovation.
- 5+ years product management/product marketing experience in a SaaS business; 2+ years experience as a Product Owner in an Agile environment. Has shipped multiple products and/or features.
- Agile Pro – You have a deep knowledge of software development standard methodologies, including Agile SCRUM/Kanban processes, and demonstrated history of success as both a Product Owner and a Product Manager
- Strong product sense – Customer first mentality with deep natural empathy for your users first, and a curiosity that drives you to more deeply understand them every day.
- Exceptional presentation abilities – When you present a product vision, you inspire trust and drive action by carefully tailoring both message and medium to your audience.
- Proven capability to examine customer security needs and establish and execute a successful product strategy to tackle those problems
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- 5+ years product management/product marketing experience in a SaaS business; can demonstrate business impact of products that you shipped!
- Comfortable with developing multiple pricing and business models including usage based, subscription, and transactional models
- Familiarity with the technical and business aspects of application security, threat research, or vulnerability management
- Familiarity with networking communication concepts such as the OSI model and security considerations relevant to its various layers, Layer 7 in particular.
- Knowledge of developer tools and infrastructure environments: Linux, NGINX, Kubernetes, containers, serverless, and service meshes
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and systems: Kibana, Looker, and yes, Pivot Tables
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!