Senior Product Manager at Standard Cognition
Senior Product Manager
- Location: Remote – US
- Full time
At Standard, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We are enabling autonomous checkout for brick & mortar retailers with our AI-powered computer vision platform. Since launching in November 2017, Standard has contracts with multiple global retailers and is in the process of deploying our Standard Checkout solution across thousands of stores globally. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including CRV, Initialized, Draper Associates and YCombinator. We announced our Series B in July 2019.
Product management at Standard sits at a fast moving intersection of nearly every team. It helps to marry our technology to the needs of the retail industry and shoppers everywhere. The Product role will sit within our Strategy team which is responsible for driving Standard’s strategic initiatives while supporting the company’s long range growth plans both organically and inorganically.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will partner with our internal Go-to-Market and engineering teams as well as our retail partners to capture the voice and needs of Standard’s customers. You will also focus on translating the visions of the Strategy team into actionable work for our internal engineering teams.
This is a FULL-TIME REMOTE role located anywhere in the US.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Defining the shopper journeys which includes building out the key user stories, understanding edge cases and developing key data / process flows as the shopper transacts on our platform while in the retail store. You’ll also work with our Go-To-Market team and Engineering teams to iterate on product design.
- Owning the end-to-end customer facing product including defining how a shopper checks-in, checks-out, transacts, and supports various payment methods. This will require collaboration with engineering, marketing, operations, and analytics partners to deeply understand our customer needs in order to ship best-in-class autonomous checkout solutions.
- Interfacing with customer product teams in order to help uncover the best possible user stories for their shoppers with our system and guide them to align with our product vision.
- Define, develop and execute Standard’s customer product strategy to build out some of the world’s first autonomous checkout experiences for the shopper
Who you are:
- You have experience developing and managing complex user stories.
- You have experience with product design workflows (stakeholder analysis, interviews, prototyping, design reviews, etc)
- You have experience with commerce (brick and mortar, eCommerce, and/or payments).
- You have experience influencing product direction and others around you.
- You have a superlative ability to bring clarity and focus to complex and ambiguous situations.
- You have an expert product management knowledge and an ability to balance user and business impact.
- You have a proven history of shipping creative and highly successful tech products, and you have been involved in this end-to-end process.
- You have clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
- You have experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions.
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- You’re excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We’re family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!