Senior Product Manager
US-based remote or SF office
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Shopify, Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager at Abstract, you will have a unique opportunity to shape how thousands of companies work together, including our own. You’ll make an impact on our Files Squad by leading product development for new design tool integrations (Adobe XD) and expanding the Abstract platform to support a diverse set of designers and workflows.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, build, and ship high-quality solutions to our customers.
- Define the Roadmap for your Squad and prioritize projects based on strategic goals and customer impact. Propose objectives and KPIs that focus your team’s efforts and align vision with company goals.
- Clarify the problem to solve, project goals, decision-making roles, and document expectations from stakeholders and transition into an effective kick-off with the Squad.
- Generate hypotheses for solving problems and validate the approaches with customers by interviewing, analyzing data, and offering early access to features in development.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to scope out solutions and plan development milestones. Proactively identify the dependencies, constraints, and risks to the plan and be willing to adapt and guide your team through change based on new information.
- Identify gaps or ambiguous workflows and frame them as opportunities for process improvements that make the broader Product organization more efficient. Drive progress pragmatically and create bridges for people to get from here to there without disruptions.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and Support to identify product opportunities, craft impactful narratives, and bring products to market effectively.
- Continually evaluate whether or not our shipped solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative analysis. Summarize the results using approachable language and a framework for evaluating success.
What you’ll bring:
- You have a growth mindset. You realize you don’t have all the answers and enjoy pushing through moments of uncertainty on the path to discovery.
- You are an active, empathetic listener. You seek to understand the problems people face, how they feel, and the goals they want to achieve.
- You can synthesize a myriad of possibilities, considerations, and questions into a series of productive decisions-to-be-made and facilitate answering them collaboratively.
- You are an excellent written and oral communicator that strives for clarity.
- You are fulfilled by mentoring your teammates and encouraging them to work together deliberately, especially in moments of ambiguity or tension.
- You define what success looks like and prioritize solutions based on customer impact.
- You have significant experience with design systems and tools like Sketch and Adobe XD. You can describe how design workflows weave through the ecosystem today and are excited to collaborate and shape what’s on the horizon.
- You conduct user research and design experiments to discover opportunities, explore solutions, and make the best decisions for the customer experience.
- You have experience developing software in a complex web/native application environment and have experience integrating systems and tools.
- You learn new concepts quickly and can switch between creative and analytical thinking.
- You have experience working within a variety of product development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Lean, etc.), environments, and industries.
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we’re able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we’re a distributed team, we’re currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.