Senior Product Manager
- New York City, NY – Remote OK
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30 million users per month. We’re looking for an user-centric Web Senior Product Manager to head up our flagship property. The vision for LoveToKnow.com is to create engaging user experiences and interest-based communities. The successful candidate will have 4+ years of user engagement-focused Product Management experience, particularly with B2C ad-based, SEO-driven content websites. This position is based remotely in the US, so work from home!
About the Role:
- Individual contributor Product Manager of a Consumer digital property.
- Primary focus is to drive user acquisition, engagement, and monetization.
- Direct a dedicated team (Engineering, QA, Content, Design).
- Reports to the Chief Revenue Officer & Head of Product Strategy for LoveToKnowMedia.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop the product vision & strategy and define the product roadmap.
- Conduct competitive and market analysis, and do customer research to continue to identify new high-upside growth and engagement opportunities.
- Develop business cases and evaluate the financial implications of potential projects. Track and measure the success of experiments and launches.
- Create detailed product specifications and document functional design needs to guide and prioritize the efforts of the engineering team.
- Lead the Agile development lifecycle with the support of a Scrum Master to release high-quality, innovative, and impactful products, features and enhancements.
What you will need to be successful:
- Four or more years proven track record of delivering user-centered consumer web products.
- Experience in a fast-growing startup operating in agile/scrum.
- Strong English written/verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills – transparency, collaboration and openness are a must.
- Strong understanding of SEO and engaging user experiences.
- Technical acumen or background to engage deeply with engineers.
- Familiarity with key tools – SEO, Analytics, User Behavior (e.g., Hotjar), A/B Testing (e.g., Optimizely).
- Must be able to think strategically and create a vision but also be hands-on.
- Proven ability to run user tests, customer interviews and surveys. A passion for connecting with users on a regular basis at all stages of the PD process.
- The desire to experiment, innovate, and iterate. Open and flexible to feedback.
- Ability to fail without fear, be persistent, and learn quickly.
- Analytical, data-driven, and user-focused.
- Smart, high-energy, and creative problem solver.
- Hungry to own results, think entrepreneurially and prioritize the right opportunities.
- Proven leadership experience and managerial skills.
Why You Want This Job:
- The team we’re building – we have a phenomenal team from across the globe and will continue to hire exceptional people that believe in our vision and embody our values.
- Our progressive working model – the company uses innovative technology and workflow solutions to replace physical offices and face-to-face meetings.
- The broad exposure you’ll receive owning an entire website. You’ll also get visibility into the other properties within our portfolio.
- The impact you have – we have healthy, stable businesses that are ready for a boost
- LoveToKnow.com is part of LoveToKnowMedia. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. The company embraces telecommuting, in which LoveToKnowMedia’s contributors across the world keep in touch, collaborate and work as a team to get the job done. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.