Senior Product Designer – Production Engineering at Shopify
Senior Product Designer – Production Engineering
Any Shopify Location – Remote
R&D – UX – Design
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
Production Engineering at Shopify encompasses the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer productivity. Our department builds a platform that allows Shopify to scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, amazing performance, and impactful tools for our entire engineering team.
We’re looking for a senior product designer to join our team and shape the future of Shopify’s developer tools and infrastructure. As our team grows to thousands of developers, we need to build tools that are easy to understand and use, seamlessly integrated, and that solve the right problems for our engineering teams.
Requirements for the role:
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex information problems
- The ability to identify the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Experience with or interest in learning about developer tools and cloud software infrastructure
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, usability testing, and low fidelity to high fidelity visuals
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- Proficiency with current design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Helping to define our product roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our users
- Creating beautiful products by identifying the right problems to solve, running research, prototyping solutions, and shipping features
- Iterating on concepts based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, and other data collected
- Working closely with an engineering team at the cutting edge of global scale internet applications
- Helping to build out the design discipline in the production engineering design team, connecting the team to the rich design community within Shopify
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify’s developer tools and infrastructure, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!