Senior Product Designer, Payments at Etsy
Senior Product Designer, Payments
- Location: Open to Remote
- Category: Product, Design, and Research
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
What’s the role?
Etsy’s payments platform helps millions of Etsy sellers safely and securely make transactions within our marketplace. Available in 43 countries, Etsy Payments enables buyers and sellers to transact in 19 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on our site.
The Payments team at Etsy is committed to creating and maintaining a resilient, frictionless, and scalable payments platform. This role offers an outstanding challenge that requires designers to work within ambiguous and complex problem spaces. As a Senior Product Designer, you will craft user experiences that strengthen the trust users have in the platform by simplifying complicated workflows for our sellers. You will be responsible for design experimentation on our existing features, and working with partners to develop and drive the direction of early-stage products focused on rapidly growing our platform to new and emerging markets.
What’s product design like at Etsy?
Product designers at Etsy work in a squad alongside a product manager, 3-5 engineers, a researcher and a data analyst. Together they drive their own part of the Etsy customer experience by delivering solutions to challenging problems and getting feedback directly from customers.
Day-to-day looks like:
- Discovering insights, opportunities, and requirements
- Testing prototypes and hypotheses with users to collect feedback
- Launching experiments and evaluating how they perform and next steps to iterate
- Sharing your work to peers and leadership, async and in-person
- Taking part in weekly design critiques, workshops, all hands, and squad meetings
- Detailing your process and decisions
- Developing insight for Etsy users
- Partnering with product and engineering regularly to effectively dive into problem spaces and come up with solutions together
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Senior level at Etsy means:
- You can run independently or give direction to designers within your team
- You can lead workshops and optimally align the group around a vision and approach
- You have a track record of designing complex flows and customer journeys
- You can think and design at a system level, not just interface elements or pages
- You’ll regularly make use of your soft skills: listening, negotiating, decision-making
- You’ll spend time providing mentorship to other designers
- You’ll play a key part in hiring, onboarding, and improving our team’s culture and engagement
Qualities we value in designers:
- Effectively articulates ideas and design solutions
- Expresses feedback with kindness and candor
- Thrives under ambiguity and has a healthy curiosity
- Translates quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contributes to our culture of motivation, optimism, quality, and integrity
Interested in applying?
See our tips for interviewing for a design role at Etsy.
Please note: If you are expressing interest by applying to one Product Designer role, your application will automatically be considered for all open positions at that level. Please do not apply to roles at the same level. We have you covered!
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!