Senior Product Designer, Mobile
At Skillshare, we’re building a global community of curious, lifelong learners. Our Mobile Team plays a key role in our ability to scale by building apps that make our classes and learning community available to anyone, anywhere. We design for users around the world, in various contexts—whether sitting on a train, or their couch in front of the TV—with the goal of making learning seamlessly accessible.
We’re excited to welcome a seasoned Senior Product Designer who will design our mobile efforts across iOS, Android, and TV. Working closely with Engineering, Product, and as a member of the Design Team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the mobile user experience with a highly collaborative team and by conducting/leading your own user research.
The Mobile Team is poised to grow significantly over the next year and you’ll help lead the charge. We’ll look to your expertise in designing consumer-facing mobile products and your ability to work seamlessly with teams across the company, champion the user, and drive real impact as we scale.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design leaders to develop ongoing mobile strategy and roadmaps
- Maintain and design new product features in our iOS and Android apps
- Design and launch new TV apps experience (Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, etc.)
- Own mobile design while working closely with web teams to unify the brand’s user experience, design system, and working towards feature parity between our web and mobile apps where applicable
- Work with Product to interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights and ideas
Why we’re excited about you:
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile applications, ideally in a startup working in an Agile environment
- Deep knowledge of app design and UI conventions across both iOS and Android (experience building TV apps a plus)
- A digital portfolio showcasing your skills in UX, Visual & Motion design
- Ability to own Design from a brainstorming session, user research, prototyping, usability testing, and working with Product & Engineering to build and ship successful products
- You are continuously honing your craft as a Product Designer by learning new skills, adopting new tools, and sharing your efforts to the benefit of a stronger Design team
- “Details are the design” is your mantra
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: Mobile is a major company priority and you’ll have the chance to lead the charge.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by Crain’s, and one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.