Senior Product Designer at Customer.io
Hi, I’m Madeline, the Design Manager at Customer.io!
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on making advanced data modeling accessible to all of our customers. If you get excited about pulling apart product workflows and designing them to be closer to people’s mental models, we should talk.
At Customer.io, our design team is working hard to build a product that nudges companies toward more empathetic automated communication with their customers. You’ll join a team of 4 other designers in a remote and distributed company of ~80 team members across 17 countries.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll:
- Develop an understanding and compassion for customers through research.
- Work with product managers and engineers to prioritize projects, advocating for UX that empowers our customers.
- Create mocks for new features and collaborate with engineers on prototypes.
- Influence the design team’s quality of work through mentorship and thoughtful feedback.
- Shape our design system by contributing to ongoing iterations that improve consistency and flexibility.
- Act on opportunities for improvement in the design team’s processes and culture
What we’re looking for:
- You are located in the Americas (North, Central, or South).
- You have experience designing complex product workflows, ideally B2B, from ideation to high fidelity mocks.
- You have an understanding of how design brings value to business outcomes.
- You have a growth mindset and a willingness to improve by learning from mistakes.
- You thrive with autonomy and ownership.
- You know how to communicate asynchronously, especially across time zones.
- You add to our team culture – you bring a different education, background, previous career, location, or personality etc.
- Bonus: You have experience designing a product focused on customer relationship management (CRM) or a customer data platform (CDP).
- Bonus: You have an understanding of customer data models commonly used by SaaS companies.
If you don’t meet all of these criteria, please apply anyway. We are looking for the right person, not the perfect person.
What’s it like to work on our design team?
While your daily work will be as part of a cross-functional squad, the design team will be your home for support and growth. We meet 2x a week to give feedback on in-progress work and communicate daily about new things we learn, improvements to our design system, etc. Since we are still small and nimble, there is a lot of opportunity to add to our culture and processes.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,400 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $125,000 – $140,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO – we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply:
Apply at the link below by April 5th, 2021 and tell us why you’re interested in the position! There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by April 9th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone (Recruiting Manager).
- 60 minute video call with Madeline (Design Manager) and Annie (Senior Product Designer).
- 60 minute choice project: complete a design project on your own time or spend an hour pairing with Madeline and Richard (Senior Product Designer) in Figma.
- 45 minute final interview with Madeline, Brendan (Product Manager), and Matthew (CTO).
Location: Americas (North, Central, or South)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!