Senior Product Designer at Heap
Senior Product Designer
- Location: Remote – Anywhere in the US
Heap’s mission is to power business decisions with truth. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help craft polished, user-focused experiences that enable our users in making data informed decisions. You’ll also be playing a critical role in scaling the design process and culture at Heap!
Our immediate team is distributed across the US. You’ll be working with product and engineering team members across the globe that operate on US time zones. We’re open to remote designers in time zones that overlap with our core team here in the US.
Design at Heap
We believe that there is more to being data-driven than just tracking metrics and that data is only as good as the narrative that accompanies it.
Our goal is to help our users drive their businesses with truth. We’re designing interfaces to help our users easily access and understand the narrative behind their own set of users and build the confidence in the decisions on how to grow their businesses.
We’re looking for a diverse set of designers, from all backgrounds and experiences, to join our growing design team and help make our mission as easy as possible for our users.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design for one of our core product areas. You’ll work closely with product managers and engineers in establishing its long-term strategy and short-term tactical work.
- Collaborate closely with the design team around overall product vision, design processes, research practices, and design systems.
- Work on a range of projects from broad, loosely defined problems and concepts to specific, tactical feature work.
- Drive a better understanding of our users. You’ll be interacting with users directly, running research studies and usability tests, and distributing findings to your team members.
- Participate in frequent design reviews and critiques with designers, product teams, and leadership.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to break down complex problems into solutions that balance simplicity, power, and flexibility.
- Experience designing for B2B SaaS products.
- An expert in UI/UX design while skilled in other product design disciplines.
- Knowledge in user research and usability testing practices.
- Comfort working around ambiguity and willingness to tackle tasks outside your comfort zone.
- Detail oriented with an excitement for your work being polished and pixel perfect.
- Constant advocate for our users while being considerate of your colleagues where you can find the right balance between user, business, project needs.
- Systems-oriented thinking where you can distill your designs into shareable components, patterns, and behaviors.
- Strong critical thinking, communication, and writing skills.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience at a product-driven tech company.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We’d love to hear from you!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!