Senior Product Designer at Babylist
Senior Product Designer
Babylist is looking for a senior Product Designer to join our product team! As a product designer at Babylist, your number one job is to solve our users’ problems. You will be a strong individual contributor and engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in user research, design strategy, concepting, a full spectrum of low to high fidelity UI design, prototyping, information architecture, workshop facilitation, and user testing.
You are a T-shaped designer, you have at least one area you’re an expert in, and you can handle a broad range of tasks from prepping assets for engineers to leading sprints. This role will work across all three of our platforms (web, iOS, Android) and also be able to design for multiple user groups (parent(s)-to-be and their gift givers).
What You’ll Do
- Drive the end-to-end product design process from Discovery to Delivery. You move fast and ship products that users love with whichever design process you employ
- Champion empathy for our users. You’ll command lean research methods to build expertise about what our users care about most, then you’ll speak happily on behalf of our users and work hard to ensure your collaborators understand them
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and the broader cross-functional landscape. You’ll not only build trust with others from your Design perspective, but by inclusion of your partners’ perspectives when you need it
- Top-notch craftsmanship. Our users think our product works and feels great, and we only want it to get better; You’ll be a guardian to that mission
- Cross-platform comfort. Our product spans responsive web and native environments; you’ll translate human-centered design thinking to UX and UI tailored for each
- Be an excellent communicator. Internally at Babylist, and externally through our product UI and website
Who You Are
- Eagerness to research and learn from your users
- Care deeply for the details of design, interaction and execution
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously & collaboratively to find direction in ambiguity and complexity
- Mastery of the latest product design apps and their workflows
- Currently in the studio we’re using Sketch/Figma, Invision, Framer, Zeplin
What You’ve Done
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Worked on consumer products in marketplaces, services, or eCommerce where you had to address the needs of multiple user groups and manage complex user journeys
- Demonstrated a deep empathy for users and their experience with every aspect of your products
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently one in two first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com. In 2019, over $400 million worth of gifts were purchased off of Babylist registries.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We get stuff done
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a technological and data-driven business
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Flexibility to work remotely and prioritize home life as we navigate the impacts of COVID-19
- We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don’t work late or on weekends, and most employees WFH on Wednesdays (when we return to HQ)
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!