Senior Product Designer at BenchSci
Senior Product Designer (Remote)
PRODUCT AND SCIENCE – DESIGN
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We do this by empowering scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, easy to use biomedical artificial intelligence software platform, thereby avoiding delays that slow the progress of medicine to clinical trials. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for more than 41,000 scientists that accelerates research at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We’re looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our team. In this role, you will create new experiences that help scientists accelerate their research. You will champion user needs, navigate complex data and workflows, and bring new ideas from concept to launch while contributing to the continued growth of the design practice at BenchSci.
- Translate complex problems into simple, impactful end-to-end experiences for our users
- Bring ideas from concept to launch, applying your skills to problem definition through to the creation of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, specifications, and visual designs
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and engineers, to influence product direction, and design solutions that meet the business, technical, and user needs
- Use strong communication skills to present, articulate, and explain design recommendations and decisions within cross-functional teams and to stakeholders
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data and customer feedback in your design process
- Work autonomously to achieve our outcomes and manage your timelines
- Work closely with the development team to ensure designs are implemented per specifications
- Elevate our design outputs by actively contribute to the evolution of our operations, tools, and knowledge
- 5+ years of end-to-end design experience on technically complex products
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to ship impactful solutions that users love
- Deep empathy for the users that you design for, and a proven ability to orient others around the needs and pain points of those users
- Confidence and communication skills to effectively convey and defend the rationale behind your design decisions to a variety of stakeholders
- A passion to understand and improve UX involving complex workflows and data
- A scientific mindset. You question your assumptions make data-driven decisions
- A proven track record in senior design positions, working across all stages of product development from early-stage discovery to implementation
- Familiarity with design and collaboration tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision)
- A background in life sciences (strong asset)
Our benefits and perks:
- An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
- A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan for proactive health awareness
- Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
- Additional time-off: Winter Holiday (Dec 25-Jan 1), Summer Holiday, your birthday, and more!
- An Oculus Quest 2 to connect with your team members in Virtual Reality
- An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
- Complimentary Headspace account to support mental wellness and focus
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe to better understand your health through your DNA
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focused, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!