Senior Product Designer at Quorum Analytics
Senior Product Designer
Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the usability and look-and-feel of multiple Quorum products from the beginning (user research, personas, and more) to the end (design system implementation, proposing and executing on epics, and more). You’ll work alongside other designers, design leadership, product managers, and software engineers to improve our users’ experience using our products.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn about Quorum’s many products, users, and the public affairs world. You’ll start learning about the Development Team’s processes and the Design Function’s processes.
- First Month: You’ll learn about Quorum’s user personas and begin utilizing the Design System as you slowly take over more and more ownership of epic design work within your products.
- First Six Months: You’ll own the design for several epics within the Quorum product line. This means planning, researching, prototyping, creating wireframes, creating mock-ups, handing off to developers, and QA’ing and testing the builds, as well as final development support as needed to launch a feature.
- First Year: Your impact within the team and organization is felt by the expertise you bring to your projects as well as the seniority you provide within the design team.
- You have at least five (5) years of full-time professional experience working in digital product design (e.g., UX/UI Designer, Product Designer) at a software company or design agency where software product design is a core function.
- You have a strong, up-to-date online professional portfolio showcasing at least three (3) case studies explaining why and how you have solved product design challenges.
- You are excited about driving core usability improvements to products and can speak to situations where you’ve utilized data and user research to improve products in previous roles.
- You’re an especially strong candidate if you have experience updating or using a Design System for Product Development.
- You are dedicated to finding out what users are struggling with and how to solve those issues to deliver the best possible user experience.
- You think intentionally about stakeholder management and building consensus for your ideas across multiple functions.
- And, of course, you take pride in designing elegant and delightful products.
About the Product Team
- We’re a fast-growing team that is dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform and putting our users first.
- The product team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs.
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about.
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office – both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!
- Base Salary: $110,000 – $150,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days – one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave