Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, California, United States
At Wonderschool (www.wonderschool.com) our mission is to provide quality childcare to every child in the world. There is a major shortage of childcare and preschools in the United States and we believe one of the best ways to increase access for families is to grow supply through starting in-home child care and preschools. We work with talented teachers and parents to start high-quality, licensed in-home early childhood programs. We provide assistance with licensing, setting up a classroom, setting pricing, building a website, managing payments, and everything in between. Our software allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and school from one dashboard; reducing administrative stress and burden and allowing teachers to focus on what they do best caring for and educating children. Parents come to Wonderschool to find programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
We currently have a presence in the greater New York area and in the West Coast and are focused on partnering with additional talented educators and caregivers to offer programs in their communities.
Wonderschool is based in San Francisco and venture backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Omidyar, Gary Community Investments, First Round Capital and a number of other respected Seed and VC firms.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Senior Product Designer will play an integral role in the creation of new features and improvement of existing features on the supply (teachers) and demand (parents) of our business. Over time, you will focus on one aspect of the business as we grow. We are looking for a motivated designer with strong mobile design and prototyping skills, who can sell their ideas to stakeholders and counterparts.
We will only consider candidates with portfolios (online or emailed).
We would consider remote employees in North America for this role.
- Own the full product design cycle including research, wireframing, testing, iteration, and final UI.
- Deeply understand our customer (through user research) as well as our business goals (through communication with stakeholders and team).
- Help define and prototype proposed designs and interactions, using the best tools to express your ideas.
- Conduct user testing and iterate based on feedback.
- Deliver high-fidelity UI and specifications for desktop and mobile.
- Actively build a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, product and development teams to design a world-class consumer experience.
- Own (or help own) our design system for consistent use across our brand.
- 5+ years of UX/UI experience on consumer-facing products
- Love to design simple, functional, beautiful interfaces
- Experienced with user research and user testing
- Consistent user of social media on multiple platforms
- Proactive and curious
- A happy collaborator (no divas or enfant terribles, please)
- Great communicator and defender of your design choices
- Experienced designing in an Agile environment
- Experienced working with startups
- Bonus: HTML/CSS prototyping skill
- Marketplace experience
- Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company.