Senior Product Analyst at Kasa Living
Senior Product Analyst – Remote
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
We are looking for our first Senior Product Analyst to drive a data-first culture across our Tech & Product team. We strive to understand what drives customer behavior across our product, which features have the highest impact and inform what to build next. With our team still in the foundational stage of product analytics, this role will continue laying the groundwork for measurement, experimentation and opportunity assessment of all Product work.
In this role, you will partner with a team of world-class Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize and measure the work we ship. You will report to the Sr Director, Product & Operations (CEO direct report) and work closely with the Business Operations team.
Possible upward trajectories from this role include senior analytic roles or Product Management.
About the Team
You will formally sit within the Product function at Kasa. Our Product & Technology team is split between the Bay Area, Hungary, and a few remote US locations.
Our PMs and engineers have diverse backgrounds in hospitality, consulting, real estate and technology. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about building a platform that delivers value to landlords and serves guests seeking trustworthy, well-priced accommodations in great locations.
In addition, you will engage with analysts on our Business Intelligence function on the Business Operations team. These data wizards will partner on data pipelines, visualization, and more. Finally, you will interface with engineers for infrastructural data requirements.
Day in the life of a Kasa Senior Product Analyst
Drawing on a range of data streams (and many more that still need to be added!), our Senior Product Analyst will unearth insights and reveal the associated business and product implications. We want you to deeply understand what’s happening in our product and how these relate to our company objectives. Combined, you’ll propose opportunities for future feature development and measure the efficacy of solutions in flight.
Projects will require you to (1) Analyze, (2) Tell the Story: what happened and why, and (3) Recommend: what we should do based on these insights.
- Develop and maintain Guest and Operator-facing metrics and dashboards in Looker for Kasa’s Product teams, in addition to ad hoc analysis to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer journeys (across guests, partners and internal teams), measured by key business metrics
- Perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems and opportunities, identify the hypothesis and design & execute experiments
- Inform future experimentation design and roadmaps by performing exploratory analysis to understand user engagement behaviour and derive insights
- Identify key trends and build executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of acquisition, monetization, and engagement trends.
- Extract meaningful insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- Set-up and assess multiple product experiments simultaneously
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelors’ or above in quantitative field: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business partners with minimal direction
- Proficiency with SQL and comfort writing queries
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building dashboards and analyzing data within Looker
- Experience with front-end web analytical tools like Amplitude, Pendo or Heap (Alternatively: Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Proficiency in programming/scripting like R or Python is a plus
- You’ve worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You’ve worked for small and large enterprise companies
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Understood the guest, landlord and operating team product challenges facing companies in the furnished hospitality space
- Worked with Product Managers to define and refine the metrics we use to measure progress against our team and business objectives, sharing these in a public, easy-to-consume format
- Leveraged data to surface multiple high-impact opportunities that lead to product change and yield the intended effect
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work
- 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
- Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Who We Are
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.