Senior Privacy Counsel at Lytx
Senior Privacy Counsel
- Full Time
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that’s exactly what we do at Lytx®. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
As Lytx’s Senior Privacy Counsel, you’ll develop and manage a comprehensive enterprise privacy program that adapts to changes in product offerings, regulations and privacy expectations while enabling consistent, effective privacy practices. You’ll be a valued partner to your internal stakeholders, leading cross-functional teams to effective solutions and becoming deeply embedded in the business. It’s an opportunity to increase the enterprise value of the company, finding opportunities to accelerate growth while minimizing risk.
The position will report to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel and work in an ongoing and collaborative way with members of the legal, business, and technology teams on a range of privacy and security-related legal matters.
You’ll Get To:
- Design and implement a strategic privacy program, focused on expanding Lytx’s B2B product offerings and leveraging rich data sets.
- Engage with Technology team and data stewards to promote compliance and find simple solutions to complex issues.
- Gain a deep functional understanding of Lytx’s data assets and information flows across the company and serve a critical role in establishing end-to-end policies and procedures.
- Support a wide range of areas, including advising on product development technical requirements, negotiating data privacy and security aspects of contracts, adapting compliance practices proactively, as well as helping manage regulatory responses, and incident response.
- Monitor emerging privacy threats and/or opportunities, respond to legislative changes, and advise key stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree; JD degree Required.
- CIPP/US, CIPM highly preferred; must have membership in State Bar.
- 10+ years legal or privacy experience with a minimum of 5 years working in the privacy field.
- Experience in technology industries with in-depth understanding of privacy guidelines/regulations including GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, CPRA, TCPA, FCRA and the NIST standards.
- Ability to create and execute detailed project plans and effectively collaborate with stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!