Senior Principal DevSecOps Engineer at Dell
Sr. Principal DevSecOps Engineer – Secureworks – Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA; or US Remote
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
In this exciting role, you will work on the next generation of Securework’s security products. You’ll join a very seasoned team of Software Engineers and Data Scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation. Your focus will be on DevSecOps functions including container security, secure continuous delivery, monitoring and improving the security of the platform across a diverse set of environments from development through to production.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge and software development background with an emphasis on security, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), designing and developing software leveraging Public Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), containers and container orchestration solutions (e.g. Kubernetes). This position also requires experience in designing, developing and reviewing security and technology architectures, and the ability to identify and drive issues to closure. This individual must be a consensus builder, a team player, and work well within an open security posture environment. Red team experience and mentality a definite plus.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Building automation tools and components to enhance the installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure, or similar cloud providers.
- Collaborating with Software Architects, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists and ensuring products and services are pushed into production in a secure fashion.
- Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitoring to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and platforms.
- Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtime
- Managing the entire security process, including the production environments and the user acceptance testing process.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of software development experience with emphasis on DevOps responsibilities.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in a cloud environment, with 2+ years focused on DevSecOps.
- A deep understanding of CI/CD tools, processes and a strong desire to help teams release frequently to production with a focus on creating reliable high quality results.
- Strong development experience with languages such as Python and Go, or similar languages.
- Strong background leveraging continuous integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins and BuildBot or similar tools.
- Strong background integrating CI with continuous delivery (CD) platforms such as Spinnaker or similar tools.
- Experience integrating CI/CD feedback with code review systems like GitLab and group chat software such as Slack or Mattermost.
- Experience integrating monitoring and alerting capabilities using software such as Grafana, StatsD, Prometheus, DataDog, etc.
- Expertise with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform and other common public cloud providers.
- Experience working with and maintaining container orchestration solutions (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale and the small scale, with constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security as it relates to the CI/CD process.
- A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical capabilities and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Gitlab.
- Past experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible and Vault.
- Experience solving problems in a live production environment.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) a plus.
- Prior experience working at a startup or in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!