AWS Senior Practice Manager – Engagement Management – Central Region
- Virtual Location
- As the person in this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements to customers across the continent.
- You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle.
- You will assist in training internal teams in agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers and be a strategic business partner.
- Location flexible, as long as you are located in a major metropolitan hub in the US.
- Preference given to the following locations: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles.
- Leadership – build and lead a team of individuals across North America who will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with our most strategic customers
- Advisory – Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
- Training – Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
- Partnering – Conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
- Drive a consistent project/engagement experience for our customers thru our Engagement Manager community
- Solutions – This includes participating in pre-sales, on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering ProServe offerings such as mass migration programs, and help develop custom solution engagements.
- Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, media/entertainment, and healthcare/life sciences.
- Delivery – Deliver and manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers. Create and deliver executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project’s progress and financials tailored to the audience. The Engagement Manager is responsible for managing customer expectations, managing AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project.
- Feedback – Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback and lessons learned.
- Manage a team in excess of 25 people whose primary responsibility is program/project management in a professional services environment
- 8+ years’ hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level IT consulting projects using Agile/Iterative methodologies
- Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies
- Experience utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver engagements/projects
- Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
- Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
- AWS Experience and Certifications.
- Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
- Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
- Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
- FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce