Senior Platform Engineer, DevOps/Data
at Good Eggs
This is full-time remote position where we all work close to PST hours and collaborate frequently.
About Good Eggs
At Good Eggs, we’re changing the world by changing the way we eat. We’re revolutionizing how local food is sourced, bought and enjoyedinspiring our community to cook and eat with the seasons. We connect people who love food directly with people who make it by delivering the most incredible food, straight to Bay Area homes, 7 days a week on the same day it’s ordered.
The people who join us must share our commitment to making real, positive change. Because the better we work, the better the world we all live in. Here you’ll have the opportunity to build relationshipsnot only with each otherbut with farmers, local food producers, and with our devoted community of customers. You’ll reduce our customers’ carbon footprints and improve the entire food ecosystem while you’re at it. You’ll collaborate with and learn from your teammates and eat family-style lunches with them every day.
About the Platform Team
We’re looking for engineers who are interested in a multidisciplinary engineering environment and are excited to support the culture of Data alongside a passionate, mission-driven team.
The Platform Team has ownership of Good Eggs’ application and data platforms, as well as a large voice in developer productivity, digital security, and the shared engineering budget. You’ll work closely with our platform customers to understand the challenges they face and to learn where we can add value. To this end, you might spend time pairing on product features with full-stack engineers, or you may work closely with business analysts mining for data insights.
What will you do?
- Modernize & add new features to our application platform (Node.js, Go, Docker, Amazon ECS)
- Modernize & add new features to our data platform (Node.js, Python, Go, Segment, Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Mode Analytics)
- Support the culture of DevOps at Good Eggs (folks wear pagers for their code, CI/CD everything, deploys to production multiple times per day)
- Make design decisions for small applications (ETL components, API servers, etc) and large systems (PaaS, data stores, messaging queues, logging pipelines, etc)
- Write, test, and review code with a focus on quality and maintainability
- Serve on a rotating on-call list to support our systems
What key qualifications are we looking for?
- Experience with distributed systems (microservices, message queues, etc.)
- Experience with at least one cloud provider (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience supporting high functioning Engineering or Data customers (or both!)
- Alignment with Good Eggs’ values and mission
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in a high performance, CI/CD culture
- Experience with high-level Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings like Heroku, Flynn, Deis, Amazon ECS
- Experience with dimensional modeling and/or BEAM*
- Leadership experiences like being a tech lead, people manager, Scrum Master, or mentor
- Previous work experience involving e-commerce, physical operations, finance, or BizOps