Senior PHP / Laravel Developer
- Austin, TX
- Full Time
Are you a highly skilled and talented Full-stack Developer looking for a place where you can be on the leading edge of modern e-commerce?
Would you like to be a key part of team that is stable, here for the long-term, and has a proven track record of delivering high quality applications that run the core operations of a fast growing ecommerce company?
I am looking for a highly skilled and talented Senior Application Developer to join my team and help take us to the next level.
And yes, we really do have an incredible team of all-stars and an exciting, healthy and fun culture and thats why once people come to work here they never want to leave. Check out our reviews on sites like GlassDoor and Indeed to see for yourself.
If you are motivated and excited by cutting edge technology and big challenges…then definitely keep reading
This is a full time, remote role and you will report directly to me while working closely with a small team of developers that really enjoy working together. The right person will bring energy, passion, and a love for technology to the role. We are looking for people who are curious, love creating solutions and get excited about new technology.
If selected for this role, you will be key player on our technology team and a major contributor to our internal e-commerce platform. Our ecommerce platform processes all orders for our rapidly growing company, so knowledge and experience creating highly scalable applications is essential.
Everything we build is migrating to AWS so you will be working in a modern DevOps environment with continuous integration and continuous deployment capabilities with a true staging environment.
- Act as lead developer on one of our main application modules as you build new capabilities with Laravel.
- Contributing to high-level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach and level of effort, potentially directing more junior developers.
- Flexing your muscles on aspects of application development outside of app code: database modeling, query optimization, setting up efficient logging and monitoring solutions, and other advanced requirements for highly functioning apps (you do not need to be a DBA or SysAdmin).
- Working closely with our front-end development team on projects. Well want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build from start to finish.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & TRAITS
- 5+ years of solid real-world experience building production-quality web applications.
- Strong application architecture skills, especially with high traffic websites.
- Laravel / PHP skills
- You should be able to talk in depth about a recent project where you used Laravel. I am looking for people who have used it in production for real projects and have solved hard problems with it.
- Experience working with AWS services is a plus.
- Working in a professional development team environment
- Experience using tools like Git / github.com and Jira.
- Must be located in North America (US or Canada).
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
Personality Traits You Should Have
- Results focused – nuff said!
- Curious – strong desire to learn, especially new technology
- Optimizer – natural gift for identifying and solving problems quickly and effectively
- Resourceful – finds ways over, around or through barriers and challenges
- Driven relentless, passionate, self-starter, super determined
- Team Player approachable, cooperative and a good collaborator
- Responsible – truly have an ownership attitude
- Organized – effectively manage work / projects in multiple areas at the same time
- Great communicator – skilled listener, strong written and verbal communication
- Productive – great at managing your time, a strong starter and finisher
- Detail oriented – must have an eye for detail
- Growth oriented – you are always looking for ways to be and do better
- Witty – If you enjoy word play and arcane references to sci-fi then you’ll fit right in.
- Tough – must be able thrive under pressure if the situation calls for it.
As you can see, I am very clear about the role, the responsibilities, the experience, skills and personality traits needed in order to be successful. If you feel you are a strong fit for the role, I definitely want to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
If you do not meet the required criteria but are interested in employment here, please check out our other open positions.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Above average compensation
- Performance based bonuses
- PTO (up to 4 weeks per year)
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance including HSAs
- FSAs and 401K plans
- Possible stock options
- Flexible schedules / work – life balance
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Annual company meeting and retreat
- Paid travel
- Deep discounts on our products
- True rock-star, family like team
The Healthy Back Institute is a publishing and consumer products business focused on helping people to live without pain, naturally. Founded in 2003, it has quickly become one of the web’s leading resources for people looking for information and products to help them find lasting relief.
Our company is a strong, stable and fast-growing business. Privately held, without any debt or outside investors to please, we do what we believe is best for the company, our team, our customers and the world.
Growing rapidly our team has gone from a small crew of 15 to over 65 in the past two years and we are on pace to surpass 100 within the next year or so.
We are a team of true “all-stars” who work and play hard. One of our core values is “Family” and our culture certainly represents that, with most team members having worked here an average of over 4 years.
Oh, and dont let the company name fool you we dont just help people with back pain, we help people with just about any type of pain to live pain free naturally… and are in the process of a major rebranding. Also, while we help our customers with their health we are a very high tech company.