Senior PHP Developer at Piggy, LLC
Joinpiggy.com is looking for the highest caliber back end developers to join its technical team’s expansion. Candidates must be located in a European time zone.
We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing high volume back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central data stores, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the middleware layer. You will also be responsible for integrating some front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end application development is necessary as well.
The right candidate will have subject matter expertise in AWS.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong knowledge of PHP fundamentals including OO principles and PSR standards.
- Experience in an agile dev environment, with CI and Unit and Integration testing.
- Deep understanding of AWS technologies, including EC2, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and RDS.
- Proficiency and experience with high load environments and working at scale.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Enjoys improving when possible, but fixing when urgent.
- Strong knowledge of web security best practices and how to implement them.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating data structures that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with large scale MySQL and DynamoDB database systems and their performance limitations.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git) and profiling tools (Blackfire/XDebug) and how to perform code audits.
- Collaborative working environment with the full support of a team of industry experts.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Will integrate various APIs from third parties;
- Build our own APIs to be used by Apps
- Improve and convert existing code to new standards.
- Build Unit and Integration tests
- Strong English language skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
Include in Cover Letter
Include in your cover letter answers to the following questions:
- Identify three ways to improve the speed of a SQL query joining 20 million rows across 3 tables.
- Name your favourite 3 features in the latest version of PHP
Location: London, GB
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!