Senior Paralegal, Litigation at Affirm
Title: Senior Paralegal, Litigation
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm is on a mission to improve consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency! We seek teammates who are flexible and enjoy diversity and are able to manage various projects and matters at a time.
As a Senior Litigation Paralegal at Affirm, you will be an integral part of the Litigation team. This is a new position that will be instrumental in managing Affirm’s litigation portfolio as well as supporting litigation-related initiatives and projects.
What you’ll do
- Manage Affirm’s US and international litigation portfolio
- Respond to discovery and third-party subpoenas issued in connection with state and federal litigation and government investigations
- Handle funds-related matters including liens, levies and garnishments
- Appear on behalf of Affirm at small claims hearings
- Assist with legal pleadings, discovery responses and document productions
- Work across a spectrum of sophisticated legal, business, and strategic issues
What we look for
- 5+ years of litigation paralegal experience in either an in-house legal department or law firm
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational and time management skills
- Background as a key member of a successful team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including diplomacy, sensitivity, and interacting well with team members at all levels
- Detailed and flexible: able to decide independently, work with limited supervision, and enjoy a fast-paced environment of innovation
- Inquisitive nature: loves to pose questions, challenge processes, etc.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Humility, integrity, and a desire to be part of a strong, encouraging team
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA28
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways not just candidates who check all the boxes.