Senior Paralegal, Equity Administrator at Canva
Senior Paralegal / Equity Administrator
- Remote – Full-time
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
We’re looking for a Senior Paralegal/Equity Administrator to join our team and undertake the best work of their career. This work is challenging and our execution on it is why the team won the award for its category at the 2019 Australian Corporate Counsel Awards.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about managing stakeholder relationships and holdings at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of Canva’s global equity incentive program on third-party equity administration platform, Carta
- Ensure all equity plan transactions (including but not limited to stock option grants, exercises, vesting schedule changes and terminations) are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Work with the Legal, Finance, Total Rewards and People teams to collaborate on and document company initiatives and enforce company-wide policies
- Collaborate with legal counsel to document board consents approving stock option grants and other equity related matters
- Facilitate Canva’s equity education initiatives, including preparing company-wide newsletters, answering FAQs from employees and other stakeholders and presenting to new hires on the mechanics of the Company’s equity incentive plans
- Prepare periodic reports reflecting the current status of the equity incentive plans
- Coordinate with the Finance team on yearly audits relating to equity compensation
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience working as a paralegal, including 2+ years working as an equity plan administrator at a public or private company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) Level 1 preferred
- You must be experienced in dealing with the Carta equity management solutions platform (or another tool with similar functionality) and strong/advanced Excel capability
- You are excited by the challenge of the role and are keen to develop it and grow it as Canva continues to scale
- You are resourceful, self-motivated with exceptional time management and organizational skills
- You have demonstrated an ability to exercise good judgment under intense pressure and with a keen eye for detail
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- This role could be offered on a part-time basis – please talk to us about your circumstances if this is your preference
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfasts and lunches for us each day (stipend available during Covid)
- Professional education allowance
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, fun and quirky celebrations!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!