Senior Paralegal, Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions at One Medical Group
Title: Senior Paralegal, Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions
This is a full-time role based in remotely in the United States and will work Pacific Time Zone Hours
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
On January 31, 2020 we marked a milestone with our public listing on Nasdaq, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As One Medical continues to expand our ability to provide innovative and human-centered primary care for all, the teams supporting that growth are expanding as well. We are seeking to hire an experienced Senior Corporate Paralegal to support a dynamic and growing legal team. Reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel for Securities and Transactions and working closely with the General Counsel, the Senior Corporate Paralegal will play an integral role on the legal team and will focus on Board and stockholder matters, corporate governance, M&A and subsidiary/entity management and restructuring matters.
Highly collaborative, you work easily with others and have the ability to drive groups toward a common goal and are hands-on, attentive to detail, and able to effectively manage multiple projects from start to finish and to “ruthlessly” prioritize. A good sense of judgement is your hallmark, you have the courage to take initiative, and address barriers with an eye for continuous process improvement. You establish clear responsibilities and procedures for monitoring work and measuring results while continuously looking for ways to improve the way you approach your work. If you are an experienced corporate paralegal, with a commitment to professionalism and personal growth who is excited to lend your experience and expertise in in a fast-moving and high-growth organization, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll likely work on:
- Assist with preparation of materials and minutes for Board and Committee meetings, including drafting written consents and maintaining corporate records.
- Maintain minute books and ensure completion of the annual filing requirements for One Medical, its subsidiaries and affiliated professional corporations.
- Assist in organizing and overseeing annual stockholder meetings.
- Provide support for ‘34 Act filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs and proxy statements.
- Assist with NDAs, due diligence, virtual datarooms and post-closing administration and integration as well as other corporate matters in connection with potential acquisitions.
- Assist with Finance and Treasury matters, including intercompany loan documentation and capital market transactions.
- Assist with executive officer and director Section 16 filings.
- Recommend and implement improvements to make the legal department more efficient.
- Opportunity to learn and assist with stock administration matters, as needed.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of corporate paralegal experience in an AmLaw 100 firm serving public clients and/or working in-house in a public company
- Strong knowledge of public company reporting requirements, corporate entity formation, organizational structures and related documentation.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Process-oriented and rigorous devotion to detail and organization.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects across several functional departments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Registration as a notary a plus
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program – Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs – Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance – One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance – One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance