Senior Paralegal at SecurityScorecard
- Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding,
- SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated.
- Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting.
- This is done by measuring your and your vendors’ cyber-health by assigning a security rating of “A” through “F” based on outside-in, non-intrusive data.
- SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
- SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 350+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain’s NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
What you will do
- SecurityScorecard, Inc. is looking for an energetic, eager, agreeable, organized, detail-oriented, highly-motivated, and good-humored team player with at least 3 years of corporate paralegal and/or legal operations experience to join our growing collaborative Team Legal.
- This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic company and be involved in a wide range of legal matters impacting the company.
- This position will report directly to the Assistant General Counsel, but will work closely with members of other departments to support the company’s corporate, regulatory, and strategic initiatives.
- Lead implementation and creation of processes and systems to improve the efficiency, automation and value add of Team Legal by facilitating changes and enhancing the ease of getting things done in a responsive and timely manner.
- Develop effective and meaningful key performance metrics and reports for Team Legal that demonstrate the value proposition of a lean team leveraging technology for productivity and efficiency.
- Draft, review, negotiate and support customer, vendor, and partner contracts, including contract life-cycle management and support, contract execution and record keeping.
- Maintain, continuously improve and seek to innovate and develop legal document management systems and information management systems.
- Work with members of the Legal team on assigned projects and assist with various corporate governance and strategic initiatives.
- Lead corporate entity and governance management: maintaining global entity structure database, managing foreign qualification compliance, business licenses, and other corporate entity needs.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities and areas for improvement and generating action plans, including implementing the same.
- General administrative and legal support
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent .
- 3+ years of experience at a large law firm or in-house legal department of a high-growth technology company, preferably a mix of high-growth and publicly traded.
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Able to work well under deadlines in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Being a proactive self-starter who communicates often, assesses and anticipates the technology and processes we might need, and drives projects to successful completion.
- Completion of ABA-approved paralegal program a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with JIRA, other contracts lifecycle management systems, and other content management and workflow automation tools.
- Experience developing workflow strategies and technical solutions for legal teams with high contract volume.
- Be a truly cross-functional team player by working closely with Revenue, People Operations, Product, Tech/Engineering, Finance, Marketing, and other departments.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business.
Keys to success:
- Eager, energetic and embracing of a fast paced and high-growth environment.
- Familiarity with legal technology tools (or willingness to learn), including contract management and legal department management tools.
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative while empowering others to do the same.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Ability to work remote effectively and focus on prioritizing properly.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!