Senior Paralegal at Planet Home Lending
Business is Booming! Planet Home Lending, LLC, is a privately held, full-service, national mortgage lender and servicer company. Planet is FNMA and FHLMC approved and sells through the Retail and Correspondent Channels, offering FHA, VA, Conventional, USDA and many other products. Planet Home Lending continues to reach month over month sales and servicing increases! Come join us!
The Senior Paralegal supports the companys legal originations department by assisting with the review of POAs, Trusts, and Subordination agreements; managing the legislative update and review process (including gathering and review of applicable laws and agency guideline updates); conducting research on disclosure requirements and state lending laws; assisting with the marketing legal review process; and other support activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs legal, factual and records research and gathering, and discovery investigations
- Reviews and monitors new and updated laws and regulations
- Builds and maintains databases for legislative updates and POA/Trust/Subordination reviews, and organizes and tracks to completion
- Organizes, reviews, analyzes, cross-checks and validates information
- Prepares written reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Drafts and reviews legal documents including agreements, contracts, and legal memoranda
- Checks and edits legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Builds and maintains databases and files, and organizes and tracks files
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree, associates degree or certification program in paralegal studies required
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience required
- Mortgage industry experience preferred with a focus on originations
- Strong background and knowledge in mortgage lending and loan servicing preferred
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques, communication principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on identifying outliers, researching them, and obtaining resolution
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office with a strong level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Standard office environment unless otherwise stated.
Our benefits package includes 3 comprehensive Cigna or Kaiser medical plans, dental, and vision insurance. We provide short term and long-term disability insurance, basic life insurance, 401(k), and 10 employer paid holidays. In addition, we offer supplemental benefits to include life insurance, critical illness and accident plans.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee. The Company reserves the right to amend or modify this document at any time and without notice.