Senior Network Overlay Engineer at Trace3
Sr. Network Overlay Engineer (6-12 month REMOTE contract)
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 850 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart – Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice – The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork – Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company’s mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop blueprint architectures to support new and expanding workloads
- Develop integration of infrastructure and automation resources into client systems and processes; including IT Service Management, Monitoring, Security, Analytics, Change and Release Management systems
- Provide regular reviews of overall infrastructure health, performance, and capacity
- Interfacing with client architecture teams to develop integration of Compute, Network, Storage, and Virtualization systems into the customer environment
Qualifications & Interests:
- 5-10 years of experience developing converged infrastructure technology solutions consisting of Compute, Network, Storage, and Virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in design and implementation of couple compute, storage, and networking solutions to provide self-service, highly available, virtualization services to enterprise environments.
- In-depth knowledge of Compute architectures including Virtualization, High-Performance Computing, Hadoop / Large-Scale clustered computing, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- In-depth knowledge of Storage and SAN architectures including SAN zoning/masking and fiber channel networking.
- Experience deploying multiple Production SAN environments for Enterprise datacenters and be knowledgeable about ensuring performance, latency, scale, and availability of a large storage environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing storage back-up and recovery services for converged infrastructure environments that support large-scale virtualization clusters.
- In-depth knowledge and experience designing and implementing Spine/Leaf network topologies and understand the intricacies of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking constructs.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with implementing network virtualization technologies and exposing virtualization workloads to networks and services across a broad datacenter network topology.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing network perimeter firewall and security services for converged infrastructure environments.
- Knowledge and experience in architecting automated / self-service Infrastructure-as-a-Service private cloud environments utilizing converged infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure-as-code pipeline services and integrating Configuration Management, Infrastructure Operations and Analytics platforms, and Security / SIEM technologies.
- Experience in design and implementation experience of Container and Container Orchestration technologies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!