Senior Narrative Designer at Jam City
Senior Narrative Designer
- DESIGN – GAME DESIGN
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Senior Narrative Designer to bring their expert writing and game design skills to our hit mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with top industry talent and take ownership in the narrative process from initial concept to final product. If you’re a storytelling specialist looking for a role that offers fun creative challenges and the potential to level up your leadership responsibilities, we want to hear from you.
- Drive and communicate the narrative vision of the game’s Lead Narrative Designer verbally and in writing, across internal departments and with external brand partners.
- Proactively steer brainstorming sessions by pitching ideas for on-brand story arcs and quests within limited art and design scope.
- Structure and write story outlines, character-driven scenes with substantial dialogue, and ancillary copy within tight deadlines, owning the process from concept to final product.
- Integrate inventive writing with design at an advanced level to support both creative and monetization objectives.
- Work directly with Product, Design, Production, Art, and Animation to coordinate all facets of Narrative with F2P mobile business goals.
- Innovate with high accuracy across multiple iterations, addressing feedback, incorporating notes, and executing revisions from internal teams and external partners.
- Collaborate with creative team to develop an emotionally rich interactive game experience consistent with players’ high expectations.
- 5+ years Narrative Design and Game Writing experience, or equivalent.
- Experience scripting dialogue for large casts of original and canon characters.
- Experience structuring and tracking multiple branching storylines.
- General knowledge of F2P mobile game design pipelines and current market trends.
- Leadership experience in small team settings.
- Ability to efficiently juggle multiple responsibilities without compromising creative quality.
- Ability to self-prioritize assignments in a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment.
- Exceptional proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills .
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Harry Potter brand and canon.
- Serialized storytelling and screenwriting experience.
- Experience managing junior team members.
- Live Ops experience.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!