Senior MySQL Database Administrator at Datavail
Senior MySQL Database Administrator
Location: Anywhere, USA
Job Code: 595
# of Openings: 1
Title: MySQL DBA
PLEASE NOTE: Must be US Citizen due to ITAR+ Requirements
Status: Full-timeEmployee role
- Datavail is looking for a MySQL Database Administrator to assist our growing practice.
- Our company provides 24 X 7 support for our customer’s mission critical database systems, which is possible through our proven model of Tier 3 DBAs in the U.S. and our Tier 2 teams in India.
- This model allows our DBAs to provide superior service to our customers, without our DBAs having to sacrifice their lives.
Here are the skills you will bring to the table and use daily in supporting our clients:
- 5-12 years in MySQL
- Well versed in database performance tuning and SQL tuning
- Skilled in backups & recovery
- 24×7 production support experience
- Development DBA experience
- Intimate with SQL
- MySQL 5.1, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
- Oracle Enterprise MySQL, Community MySQL, Percona MySQL, and MariaDB
- Clustering: Galera, InnoDB Cluster, NDB
- Sharding and partitioning
- Replication: master-slave, master-master-slave, master-master
- Restoring: point-in-time, restore a master
- Backups: table, databases, utilities needed for backing up, affects on table types
- Query tuning: adding/removing indexes, rewriting queries for better performance
- Configuration tuning: for query and overall database performance
- MySQL troubleshooting
- Installation on Linux OSes and Windows, and upgrades on Linux OSes and Windows
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux with regard to moving and compressing files, creating users, firewalls, networking, and simple troubleshooting
Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred (but not mandatory):
- Percona toolkit
- InnoDB Cluster/Router, NDB, MariaDB and other MySQL forks, including Galera cluster are a plus
- MySQL DBA Certifications would be a plus
Miscellaneous preferred knowledge:
- Database modeling & design (normalization, physical design, etc.)
- Working with clients
- Managing junior DBAs
- EXCELLENT communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Willing to carry on-call cell-phone/pager
This position is for full-time employment with full medical benefits. telecommute remotely. Salary commensurate with experience. US citizenship required If you meet the above requirements and would enjoy working in a thriving fast-faced environment where one can attain the technical satisfaction of supporting several complex customer environments with the stability of working for a single company as a full-time employee, please apply online through our ATS system for fastest response time.
Datavail provides a broad range of IT services in support of IT infrastructure, Microsoft solutions, databases, analytics, and applications and specializes in Oracle, Oracle E-Business Suite, OBIEE and OBIA, Hyperion, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, DB2 and SharePoint. Datavail is a leading provider of data integration and database administration services in North America, offering 24×7 managed services, design, architecture, and consulting.
With more than 1000 employees on payroll and core operations in four countries, Datavail offers deep technical expertise in a flexible, agile engagement model that focuses on customer success. Founded in 2008, Datavail is based in Broomfield, Colorado and supports enterprise clients located worldwide. For more information, visit www.datavail.com.
As part of the Datavail team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with a mandate to innovate, create, and deploy some of the best technology solutions in the world.
The opportunity to work alongside our broad team of experts to learn, grow and build your career can only be found in one place – Datavail. Working at Datavail is not just a career, but an opportunity to be a part of something bigger. Come grow with us!
Thank you for your interest in Datavail!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!