Senior Mobile Software Engineer – Remote
R&D – ENGINEERING – MOBILE
Are you looking to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you.
This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our Sync Gateway team. Sync Gateway is a data synchronization server that enables Couchbase Server to act as a replication endpoint for our mobile database Couchbase Lite. Sync Gateway maintains up-to-date copies of documents where users need them additionally providing access control and security.
- As part of our core development team you will be working on the design and implementation of the next generation of features.
- Day to day duties will include programming, feature design, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- Liaise directly with the Technical Support team to help debug and resolve high priority customer issues.
- As well as the product itself, you’ll be challenged to improve the tools and processes we use every day.
- Help create user-focused documentation for the features you create.
- Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors.
- BS Computer Science, or commensurate experience
- 5+ years programming experience
- Experienced in concurrency / multi-threaded programming
- Ability to demonstrate experience in large scale, distributed systems and understand the techniques involved in making these systems scale and perform
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Familiarity with distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform on Linux and Windows is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS)
- Experience with the GO programming language a plus
- Familiarity with REST interfaces a plus
Couchbase’s mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world’s first Engagement Database. Built on the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform offering includes Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile and is Open Source. The platform provides unmatched agility and manageability – as well as unparalleled performance at any scale – to deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer experiences. The world’s largest enterprises choose Couchbase for the most demanding web, mobile and IoT applications – companies like Amadeus, AT&T, Cisco, Comcast, Concur, Disney, Dixons Carphone, eBay, General Electric, LinkedIn, Marriott, PayPal, Ryanair, Viber, Tesco, United Airlines, Verizon, Wells Fargo, and hundreds of others around the world use Couchbase Data Platform for their interactive web, mobile, and IoT applications.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
- A fantastic culture
- A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
- True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
- Great market opportunity and growth potential
- Time off when you need it.
- Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
- Open, collaborative spaces.
- Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we’ll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
- Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
- Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups 2018
- 2018 Deloitte Fast 500
- 2018 DBTA Readers’ Choice Award for Best In-Memory Solutions
- Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
- No. 17 on Forbes’ list of Best Big Data Companies to Work For in 2017
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.