Senior Mobile QA Engineer (Remote)
Healthline.com is the fastest-growing health information site on the planet. Every month, over 80 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we’re changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore Healthline Media and let’s talk.
LOCATION: SF or remote
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Mobile Apps Engineering team is a small, fast-paced group building a mobile, social, chronic condition platform at scale. With Breast Cancer Healthline and MS Buddy mobile apps for iPhone and Android, we are redefining the mobile health experience with peer support and trusted information. Our apps are mobile market leaders for apps connecting people living with multiple sclerosis and breast cancer. The team plans to roll out apps serving more audiences in 2019 and beyond. The dedicated business group works closely every day and is cross-functional: engineering, product management, design, editorial, community, medical and marketing. The team is fast-paced, highly communicative and enjoys celebrating successes!
As Sr. Mobile QA Engineer, you will use your strong technical background to lead interactions with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods you bring to the table and test automation that you’ll write. You will be driving test programs and ultimately play a key role in ensuring that product quality keeps our users safe and delighted. You will use your creativity to find edge cases that help drive product excellence.
- Proven track record of creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
- 3+ years’ experience testing native iOS & Android mobile apps and shipping high-quality feature work in an Agile SDLC
- An uncanny ability to efficiently find bugs and product issues; think outside of the box for end-to-end testing; and align product work with business goals
- Experience writing automated testing scripts and test automation tools
- Strong knowledge of mobile and API test tool landscape and best practices
- Advocate for the user: you care about users having a great experience
- Manage all communications related to QA Status on a daily basis during execution, while reporting potential risks during all any stages of development lifecycle
- Work closely with product to establish testing grid and ensure coverage
- Work real-time with product managers and engineering teams on test design and implementation, evaluate testability of new features/implementations
- Define strategy for system level testing and test optimization, and create and champion new internal processes to scale testing coverage
- Test code manually and with automated tools using black- and white-box testing
- Understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools
REASONS YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You can test impactful software and demonstrate value quickly
- You have strong CS fundamentals
- You work well with a small, diverse team
- You have a great balance between pragmatism and the desire to get things right
- You want to create innovative mobile experiences for people with chronic conditions
WHAT WE’VE DONE
- Our Breast Cancer Healthline app was featured by Apple in the “new apps we love” section twice!
- We have rewritten our core site (healthline.com) with a React/Node-based site that serves 100 million sessions per month (and growing!) with blazing performance https://www.healthline.com
- A social, mobile chronic condition platform supporting thousands of people with Multiple Sclerosis and Breast Cancer (with plans to grow to expand into new conditions next year).
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline – because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world.
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers.
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users.
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being.
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy.
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.