Senior Medical Writer at ICON
Senior Medical Writer
- US, Philadelphia, PA, North Wales
- US, Raleigh, NC
- US, Remote
This is an exciting opportunity to join ICON
We are looking for a Senior Medical Writer to join our winning team rated by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers in 2019.
This position can be home-based anywhere in the US!
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment with a team committed to being the best strategic medical communications agency in the world by leading the industry in quality, service, and innovation. At CHC Group, our value is our people, who consistently deliver the highest-quality work to our clients.
As a Senior Medical Writer you will provide senior level medical/clinical writing support for as part of a dedicated team servicing a particular pharmaceutical client. This includes development of outlines, manuscripts, abstracts, scientific posters, and slide presentations that are generally focused on a specific therapeutic area. The Senior Medical Writer works closely with other Editorial and Client Services team members to meet client expectations, budgets and timelines.Travel to professional meetings, client locations, and other project-related travel may be required.
Who Are We?
Through the recent acquisition of CHC Group and MediMedia Managed Markets (MMMM) LLC, ICON plc has strengthened its expertise in scientific communications and market access. ICON is a fast-growing global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, known for its innovative approach. ICON’s core commercialization and outcomes capabilities coupled with the strategic consultancy services of CHC Group and MMMM, has created the industry’s most integrated product development, clinical communication and market access solution. This means more growth and career opportunities for our current and future employees!
What’s In It For You?
We provide our Senior Medical Writers with a strong benefits package that includes a comprehensive health plan, retirement plans, competitive pay, vacation, and an annual incentive plan to reward performance.
We have a friendly environment where you can be fully engaged, motivated and rewarded. We allow you to shine because it enables us to achieve our goals. Our employees are our best asset and we encourage upward mobility by enabling them to realize their potential within a performance culture that is demanding and exciting.
To Succeed You Will Need:
- You must have an advanced science degree (PharmD, PhD or MD, etc) and two (2) years or more corporate/business experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two (2) or more years relevant pharmaceutical/medical writing experience required in a medical communications agency.
- Excellent demonstrable understanding of ICMJE and GPP guidelines and regulations required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write presentations and articles for peer-reviewed publications that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Must demonstrate a command of the English language (read, write and speak).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, Graphics software (eg, PowerPoint or Prism), Biliographic software eg, EndNote) and any other applicable software as may be needed by the job from time to time as it changes.
- Must demonstrate strong experience in relationship-building and experience in collaborating with large and strategic accounts.
Benefits of Working in ICON :
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veteran, and committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!