Senior Medical Director – Internal Medicine at PRA Health Sciences
Title: Senior Medical Director (Internal Medicine)
Location: United States – Remote
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
We are currently looking for a Medical Director who is Board Certified in Internal Medicine to join our global Medical Affairs team. In this role, you will be supporting the team across several indications within internal medicine.
Working in a fast-paced, client-focused global environment, our Medical Directors play a pivotal role in our project teams and our company. Your medical expertise will be called upon throughout the entire life cycle of a project including partnering with global Business Development for requests for information and attending bid defense meetings to raise our profile as the chosen partner for our clients for their projects.
This position can be home-based anywhere in the continental U.S. or in any of our U.S. ICON offices.
Your role entails:
- Providing input into the creation of the protocol and other study-related documents
- Participating in discussions with regulators, key opinion leaders, senior management and our clients
- Delivering training to external project teams and ICON colleagues
- Reviewing medical data on the indication, inclusion / exclusion criteria and other medical issues to ensure our overall project deliverables are achieved
- Sharing your vast medical expertise at investigator meetings, kick-off meetings, and client face-to-face meetings
- Working closely with our Drug Safety teams to evaluate Serious Adverse Events and to develop Safety Management Plans, Pharmacovigilance Plans and Risk Management Plans
- Maintaining a strong consultative relationship with the client throughout the project life cycle
- Medical Monitoring
Here at ICON we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have the following:
- A medical degree with license to practice and board certification in Internal Medicine
- Experience in the desired therapy area is essential, ideally with experience in phase II-III studies either in industry or as an Investigator
- Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal is preferable
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!