Senior Medical Coder (Contract)
This contract position is responsible for WHO DD drug coding activities for the Clinical Data Management department through year end 2019.
- Perform coding of drug data collected within a clinical study, using specified WHO DD coding dictionaries.
- Raise queries for drug terms that require further action to enable coding as per project coding conventions.
- May liaise with sponsor to resolve drug queries to enable coding.
- May liaise with sponsor on drug coding issues.
- May assess changes due to drug dictionary version updates, update the coding accordingly.
- Responsible for performing activities that are in compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Operating Guidelines and performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or current LPN/RN/RPh license is required. A nursing, medical or pharmacy degree is preferred. In lieu of degree, four years of relevant experience may be considered
- 3 consecutive years in a dedicated WHO drug coding role (recent)
- Proficiency with TMS coding applications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Primary Location: North America – US Home-Based
Job: Data Services
Employee Status: Temporary