Senior Manager, Treasury at Coursera
Senior Manager, Treasury
Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Financial management is crucial to the performance and success of any company. The roles and responsibilities of the Coursera Finance team include, but are not limited to, treasury, accounting, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, taxes, and procurement. Business partners and problem solvers at heart, this team works to fuel Coursera’s growth by developing and implementing innovative solutions to address these responsibilities.
Coursera is seeking a highly motivated treasury professional with strong management experience, who is highly inquisitive, has great interpersonal skills, and the ability to jump in and immediately make a positive impact in a dynamic environment. This role will report directly to the VP, Accounting and Chief Accounting Officer and will be responsible for managing the global treasury function, which includes global cash and investment management, establishing relevant hedging programs, and evolving our global cash management strategy for expansion into new markets. We’re looking for someone that can also inspire and motivate stakeholders to embrace the changes that are required to move Coursera’s business forward and support our complexity at scale.
- Manage global cash and investments, ensuring compliance with company policies
- Assist with developing hedging programs to mitigate relevant risk
- Recommend strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets and minimize costs
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures in day-to-day conduct and supervision of cash management activities
- Recommend and implement improvements to current cash management processes
- Coordinates, prepares, and manages annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 5+ years of relevant treasury, accounting or finance experience with emphasis in budgeting, forecasting, cash flow analysis, and M&A activity
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated history in using MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with appropriate accounting and financial software packages
- MBA, CPA, or CTP
- Treasury workstation / technology implementation experience
- Business process engineering / reengineering experience
- Background in U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Public company experience in the SaaS industry a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Global Financial Markets and Instruments
- Economics of Money and Banking
- The Global Financial Crisis
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.