Senior Manager, Public Relations at Nextiva
Title: Senior Manager, Public Relations
Location: Remote – US
At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service .
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
The Public Relations (PR) Manager is responsible for managing and organizing all company public relations activities and thought leadership opportunities. The PR manager is up to date on all of the latest PR trends and is constantly iterating on our strategy. The right person for this position will embrace our witty and fun brand voice and will look for places to infuse personality and creativity into our PR efforts.
- Own our PR strategy, make suggestions for improvement and strategize new opportunities to utilize PR for brand awareness
- Develop media strategies and messaging for campaigns, products and announcements
- Execute press releases, and maintain relationships with local, tech and partner journalists
- Work with the Director of Communications and CMO to develop quarterly creative campaigns that promote customers and engage employees
- Manage inbound inquiries from media
- Maintain crisis communication program
- Monitor competitor and industry news and identify topics for pitching and trendjacking opportunities
- Oversee award submissions
- Responsible for establishing a company thought leadership program
- Identify thought leaders within the organization
- Plug leadership into meaningful speaking engagements
- Seek out talent under executive team that are more accessible for thought leadership opportunities
- Assist in social media strategy for company executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or equivalent
- 7+ years public relations experience
- B2B tech company experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience in press communication and strategies
- Strong project management and time management skills with an ability to lead several projects at once and work independently
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS.