Senior Manager of Vendor Operations and Logistics at Leaf Group
Senior Manager of Vendor Operations & Logistics
- Remote (US Based)
Leaf Group is looking for a Senior Manager of Vendor Operations & Logistics to join us.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across several marketplace brands here at Leaf Group – Society6, Saatchi Art, and Deny Designs. The Senior Manager of Vendor Operations & Logistics requires an expert who is passionate about efficient order processing and optimal package delivery to end customers from our worldwide network of vendor partners that create a wide range of personalized and made-on-demand products from photo books to photo gifts to home décor and more. In this role, you will partner with business, marketing, customer support, product and technology to ensure optimal order processing, logistics and vendor performance which will translate to a world-class customer experience that will strengthen our brand and drive business growth.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Senior Manager of Vendor Operations & Logistics grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness, Art & Design and Publishing. Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director of Marketplace Operations
A typical day as a Senior Manager of Vendor Operations & Logistics might include:
- Identifying risks and areas for optimization across a complex logistics network of domestic and international vendors and shipping carriers.
- Supporting the overall operation with new product and packaging rollouts.
- Closely monitoring and reporting on the performance and financial impact of current and proposed logistics initiatives.
- Successfully managing vendor and supplier partner performance, including setting and managing expectations, communicating performance updates through regular business reviews that set actionable improvement initiatives, and building a strong rapport and trust with vendor partners.
- Driving the prioritization and optimization of OMS and D2C/B2B order workflows by partnering with Engineering for technical enhancements and fixes.
- Overseeing open/aging orders, carrier capacity, cost and performance related KPIs.
- Partnering with key stakeholders including accounting, customer support, marketing and sales to drive continuous improvement and exceed customer expectations.
You will be successful if you have experience driving 3rd parties to meet KPIs and are a seasoned operations and logistics expert with a strong sense of ownership for optimizing carrier networks around the globe to ensure a best in class customer experience.
What You Have:
- 5+ years of experience managing a network of domestic and international shipping carriers.
- Experience managing D2C and/or B2B order processing.
- Demonstrated mastery of high-volume order fulfillment via domestic & international parcel carriers.
- Experience with Ecommerce platforms and ERP systems preferred.
- Extremely organized with the ability to effectively manage day-to-day operations and multi-task across several initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail encompassing quality and consistency.
- Passion for driving change and working in dynamic environment
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate a team towards common goals.
- Thoroughly refined project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions with a professional but firm approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 & 2020 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!