Sr. Manager, Medical Coding (Remote)
This position is responsible for the successful execution of coordination and workflow between the international resources and the operational team. It is the vital link for communication and workflow between the coding leadership and our International resources.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities
- Able to provide day-to-day off-hours support to include training, education and ongoing monitoring of coding productivity and quality.
- In coordination with Director of Coding Operations and the Operations team, monitor ongoing staffing ratios based on volume assessment and timeliness requirements of customers.
- Provide support and clarification to the Director of Quality, coordinating with quality team specialists as needed during the off-hours shift.
- Pull, schedule and track multiple agency records.
- Maintain departmental reports and enter information into databases ensuring accuracy. (Quickbase & Jira)
- Establish and maintain business relationships via telephone and email contact.
- Coordinate a high volume of records across multiple systems and agencies.
- Monitor access issues and troubleshoot real time with agency IT and/or users.
- Models extraordinary team spirit and the primary Associates’ rule: Treat everyone – colleagues, clients, potential customers, etc. – like you want to be treated.
- Participates in professional development by seeking new information and skills related to the position and generates new ideas and approaches that may help advance the services and programs.
- Willingly accept additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from a four (4) year college or university preferred.
- Prior management or leadership experience needed.
- Prior International management or experience required.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, human relations, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient skills in speaking, writing and understanding English language.
- Solid knowledge of spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), presentation (Microsoft Power Point), word processing (Microsoft Word) and database (Microsoft Access) applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel within the organization, including presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with efficient time management skills, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to identify and properly handle complex issues requiring a high level of expertise in making decisions.
- Ability to coach and train staff.
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgement as well as making decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We’re looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.