Senior Manager Liquidity & FX Management
Finance – Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Xapo is a global financial technology company with a mission to enable anyone, anywhere to transact their money, seamlessly.
Founded in 2013 by International Entrepreneur Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, recruited a world class team, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Are you a self-starter who shares our passion for harnessing cutting-edge technologies to impact the lives of people globally? Do you dream of growing your career at a tech startup, while not sacrificing your work-life balance? Do you wish for a job that allows you to work from home, or anywhere else in the world that you need or want to be? Are you searching for a company that appreciates your individuality, and recognizes that we all have personal and family obligations outside of work? If so, Xapo may be the place for you!
We are seeking a Senior Manager Liquidity and FX Management to join our global team. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
Xapo’s Finance function manages the group’s Balance Sheet, maintaining a balanced structure within an established risk framework. The Liquidity Management Desk manages and invests the liquidity resources of the Group and effects all relevant treasury operations across payment networks, FX and derivative markets. All activities of the Liquidity Management Desk must be performed within an established treasury risk framework to monitor and optimize capital, credit, liquidity and market risk exposures.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the global liquidity and FX management of Xapo. This will primarily include actively monitoring treasury positions and payment flows, ensuring that there is sufficient liquidity to facilitate settlement obligations, whilst minimising intraday liquidity usage. The Sr. Manager will be working closely with other teams, such as Dealing and Treasury Risk to ensure all cash resources of the Group are efficiently utilized and remain within established limits. The Sr. Manager will ensure all nostro positions at banking partners are funded whilst surplus liquidity yields the highest return for each currency.
The job requires a professional with robust treasury knowledge (liquidity and FX markets), excellent communication skills and strong leadership character to oversee global cash management for the Group across various time-zones. This person will also support the design, development and implementation of treasury management systems and controls within scope.
- Manage intra-day liquidity utilising relevant tools for GBP, EUR and facilitating both non-priority & priority payments whilst minimising usage.
- Ensure throughput requirements are met by reviewing flow across currencies (mainly GBP, EUR, USD) and agency bank / payment networks agreements (BACS, CHAPS, FP, SEPA)
- Determine the drivers of intraday liquidity usage to enhance liquidity yield
- Proactively identify any potential liquidity issues, liaising with internal and external parties to mitigate any settlement risk.
- Re-balance nostros through accurate funding transfers, avoiding any unnecessary closing balances attracting both charges and potential regulatory breaches (Eurozone and Euroclear markets).
- Monitor Agent Bank interest terms and closing balances
- Ensure management are provided with timely and accurate information on Liquidty Management indicators and relevant critical impact analysis.
- Ensure a centralized treasury management approach and bank account structure meets operational needs to support Xapo’s business model.
- Provide guidance and instructions to be able to comply with financial regulations, rules and audit requirements in all jurisdictions.
- Effective safeguarding of global cash resources
- Assist opening and closing of corporate bank accounts and validate contextual bank account structures to meet global operational requirements.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in treasury management in banks
- BSc or MSc in Finance / Economics or similar + professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CFA preferred)
- Competent knowledge of ALM and wider Treasury areas, with at least expert level in liquidity management
- Experience dealing with Central Banks and Regulators (UK: PRA, FCA, BoE; Gibraltar: FSC)
- Domain expertise in cash payments infrastructure in Europe: UK (Bacs, Chaps, FP), EU (SEPA) and SWIFT, combined with liquidity management and reserve requirements at central banks (BoE, ECB)
- “hands-on”, team-player, dependable, able to work independently without supervision (knows when to decide vs. escalate)
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Very strong influencing and collaboration skills with the ability to work across departments and move processes and projects forward
- Flexible working hours / able to adapt swiftly
- Strong sense of urgency and enthusiastic in achievement of high-quality standards
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Attractive compensation.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Collaborate, learn, and grow with a diverse, global team.
- Achieve balance with our autonomous work culture and flexible hours.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
We strongly encourage applications from women & minorities.