Senior Manager, IT
- Information Technology
- Remote, United States
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to stop breaches. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based prevention and detection to stay ahead of adversaries and innovate in the field of cybersecurity. We are one of the World’s Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received several accolades including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Senor Manager, IT System Engineering to join our team. This position plays a critical role in helping lead the team that is responsible for designing and supporting daily platform operations for all CrowdStrike team members. This position will have a hands-on approach, spending time working closely with business leaders and key personnel to identify and prioritize initiatives.
The Senior Manager is expected to be an effective communicator, collaborator and change agent that possesses the appropriate business and technical acumen to meet or exceed the needs of the company. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, be a change agent with a continuous learning mindset that thrives in an environment focused on learning about new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative solutions and thinking well on their feet.
Manage resources, prioritize tasks, and provide appropriate direction, as it relates to, projects and/or day-to-day operations of the Systems Engineering team.
What You’ll Need
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Exceptional communications (written and oral), change leadership, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate, direct and create a work environment based on teamwork.
- Strong customer service orientation with the demonstrated ability to proactively identify opportunities and propose technological solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Orientation towards security, including internal controls, standards, risk assessments and operational auditing.
- Strong background and experience in IT engineering, system design and architecture, systems security best practices, concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate emerging technology issues and applications to the business at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and aggressive service level requirements.
- Bachelor degree and/or a minimum 15 years of experience working in a technical environment is required. Masters degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years of leadership or management experience within a large-scale computing environment.
Physical Demands or Requirements: (only if required)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote-friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.