Senior Manager, Communications at Hims & Hers - Hims, Inc.
Senior Manager, Communications
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical carefrom wherever is most convenientfor numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol HIMS. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, experienced storyteller with an extensive understanding of the earned media landscape and expertise in new and emerging channels. This person will be an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The role will report to the Head of Communications.
- Craft and advance compelling narratives that Hims & Hers standout in the Mental Health and Sexual Health categories of our business
- Develop and execute high-impact, creative, and proactive press strategies around new and existing products, partnerships, and brand initiatives
- Ideate tactics and storylines to communicate Hims & Hers’ growth and innovation in creative ways
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to coordinate launches and events
- Maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and experts
- Manage agency partners
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of relevant consumer, product/tech and proactive communications and/or media relations experience
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself and others
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, with strong reporter relationships
- Proven success in building and implementing programs that raise awareness
- Previous experience as an on the record spokesperson
- In-house experience preferred
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!