Title: Senior Long Term Disability Claims Specialist
Job Location: Virtual
Alternate Job Location: Aurora, IL, Tampa, FL, Oriskany, NY
Role Value Proposition:
Global Operations (Global Ops) focuses on creating positive experiences for MetLife customers and helping the company make the best use of its global resources. We’re looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation. In this role you will be responsible for providing exemplary customer service by processing group long term disability income insurance claims in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Conducts a fair, thorough, independent, holistic review, and articulates and documents the rationale for the appeal decision.
- Identifies additional aspects of claims and gathers additional facts and data.
- Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner with clear and concise responses.
- Manages an assigned caseload of the most complex claims.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma; 3+ years of LTD/IDI claims experience
- Knowledge of data collection, analysis and reporting techniques
- Strong knowledge of STD, LTD, group disability, workers compensation, ERISA, social security, and state laws.
- Strong customer focus and management. Basic knowledge of multiple systems and technology resources.
- May require specialized knowledge acquired through formal claim training
- Bachelor’s Degree
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 107531