Senior Legal Counsel at Databricks
Senior Legal Counsel
- Remote – US
Databricks is seeking an experienced attorney to play a leading role in Databricks’ growing go-to-market legal team. The Senior Counsel will be an important part of the team of attorneys responsible for reviewing and negotiating customer and business channel agreements, providing legal support for all revenue-generating activities of Databricks.
The Senior Counsel should have 8+ years of relevant legal experience, focused on commercial transactions including complex technology transactions, with at least three years in-house (preferably at a high-growth technology company). The Senior Counsel should have meaningful experience negotiating SaaS transactions and with issues related to privacy, data security, and intellectual property, including open source software.
- Become a leading member of the GTM legal team that’s charged with reviewing and negotiating all customer and channel agreements, safeguarding the Company while facilitating the Company’s rapid revenue growth
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and provide strategic advice on the Company’s go-to-market efforts
- Assist in updating and maintaining the Company’s GTM legal agreements, ensuring that all terms and policies are best-in-class documents that facilitate both rapid revenue growth and long-term stability of the Company
- Contribute as a team player to help further the status of the legal department as an effective, respected, and valued resource within the company
- Quickly get up to speed on Databricks’ product offerings, technology, security/data protection systems and policies, and standard commercial and other contracts, to provide a foundation for providing effective legal support throughout Databricks
- Apply understanding of product, data security and privacy risk matters to address issues with potential customers during negotiation, and in many other contexts
- Review and negotiate SaaS contracts, vendor contracts, and other commercial agreements
- Support and advise sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Assist with negotiation and documentation of a variety of channel partnering agreements
- Work closely with Finance, Security, Product & Privacy to develop, communicate and enforce applicable policies as they relate to the global contracting processes.
- Handle major engagements and negotiations, balancing expansive revenue growth with long-term risk
- Mentor and act as a point of escalation for more junior GTM legal team members as needed
- Minimum 8 years’ experience including at least 3 in-house in a high growth environment
- General understanding of cloud and software industries, including SaaS model, and a strong desire to work on legal issues in these areas
- Substantial experience negotiating complex transactions involving security, privacy and IP issues
- Proven ability to address complex problems and business needs while reasonably balancing legal risks
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial contract negotiation practices, especially in the SaaS industry, and applicable accounting rules including those relating to revenue recognition
- Graduate of a top-tier law school
- Major state bar membership required
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property, data privacy and contract law
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, and client expectations, in the face of competing demands
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven, effective management skills
- Strong desire to be part of a dynamic in-house legal team supporting the recognized leader in processing big data in the cloud
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!