Senior Lead, Education Video Writer at Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation
Senior Lead, Education Video Writer (6-month role)
CONTENT & RESEARCH
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We’re looking for a video script-writer with experience of reaching a broad consumer audience. Our ideal candidate has experience of writing about social science in an engaging, accessible way. You’ll be collaborating on ~20 short videos for working women around the world on topics that include sexism at work, microaggressions, and research-backed advice for women looking to grow their careers.
This is a temporary, full-time remote position, based in the U.S., working on PDT hours.
- Write/edit short video scripts that are engaging and informative for a broad audience
- Work collaboratively with other writers and researchers on the Lean In team
- Incorporate feedback from subject matter experts into accurate, conversational, and relatable script elements
- Shape the content with a strong DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens – constantly pushing it to be more inclusive
- Work on other educational writing projects for Sheryl Sandberg and Dave Goldberg Family Foundation as needed
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive product and/or marketing outcomes
- 4-7 years of experience writing lively video and web content for consumer audiences
- Ability to translate research into everyday prose for video scripts – demonstrated through video samples
- Strong working knowledge of research on gender and bias in the workplace
- Ability to work directly with and balance inputs from a range of experts
- Comfort with a collaborative writing process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn, follow through, and improve on foundation processes to keep set team and principal set up for success
- Track record of excellence; consumer brand and/or video journalism experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!