Senior IT Developer at Blue Cross Blue Shield
Senior IT Developer (Remote)-20568
Our technology infrastructure team provides products and services to all areas of the company including regional offices, retail centers, and clinical sites for diversified service options. Senior IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. They also are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing, and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation, and performance testing of purchased products.
- Write/review code and programs for complex system designs that span platforms.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards
- Report missing elements found in the system and functional requirements and explain impacts on the subsystem to team members
- Serves as lead liaison to vendors serve, on steering committees, and provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment
- Set test conditions based upon code specifications, debug program errors, seek assistance from vendors to debug complex errors and perform unit testing and debugging
- Review vendor research and gap analyses to narrow down vendor choices and makes the final recommendation to the technical team and client
- Act as a technical mentor to other team members
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems and identify integration points
- Review technical specifications created by other developers and ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards
- Document migration process and coordination points for transitioning systems.
- Collaborate with the technical team with defining configuration for installing products, consult on database setup, and load database for testing
- Determine integration approach, work on integration issues and coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Backend Developer experienced with various databases and software’s such as IBMDB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop [HIVE, HBASE], Fast Access – Mongo & Postgres
- Expert level JAVA and Hadoop
- Troubleshooting using versioning and debugging tools
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience mentoring/leading other development staff
- Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
- 7+ years related work experience
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
- Thorough knowledge of IT fields and computer systems
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Primary Location: United States-Remote
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Organization: Florida Blue
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!