Senior IT Business System Analyst (EDI/B2B Gateway)
United States: Remote
The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next-generation solutions, systems and assets that support this mission. Working in a collaborative, creative and fun environment, we offer technology professionals a wide range of opportunities to utilize and further develop their skills while helping people live healthier lives.
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst helps client areas achieve their objectives by serving as a resource across functional boundaries and business areas in the analysis of business and user needs, application of technology solutions. Senior IT Business Systems Analysts lead the integration of multiyear projects with the highest levels of risk, complexity, budget dollars and impact to the business. Provides consultation to define and achieve objectives, identify risk and implement technology solutions. Conducts feasibility studies, prepares user stories/business requirements, and writes system and programming specifications to support the design of possible technology solutions. Provides input into cost estimations and project plans. Supports user acceptance testing, documentation/reporting, and production support. The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst possesses extensive knowledge of assigned business area(s) operations and the IT systems/applications used. May participate on an agile development team. Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives. Senior IT Business Systems Analysts lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a mentor for other IT Business Systems Analysts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
- 6+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education in application development or systems analysis
- Strong EDI knowledge, X12, 837, 834 (healthcare transactions experience)
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
- Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Health care industry related experience
- Experience with Edifecs Smart Trading Platform
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time