Senior iOS Engineer
Noom Inc., a leader in mobile health coaching, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Noom’s direct-to-consumer weight loss and exercise tracking mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide. Leveraging the success of their ground-breaking health and fitness programs, Noom developed a behavior change platform to treat chronic and pre-chronic conditions, beginning with the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP). On the first day the CDC began recognizing mobile and online DPP providers, Noom was there. Since then, Noom has expanded its curricula across the acuity spectrum and now features programs for pre-hypertension, hypertension and diabetes management in addition to its flagship weight loss and diabetes prevention programs. Noom has offices in New York City, Seoul and Tokyo.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer with a strong understanding of complex native mobile applications to help set the direction for iOS as we scale. You will be making significant contributions to feature development on our existing applications, keeping up-to-date with latest trends in the iOS ecosystem, use your best judgment about which ones fit well, and be thoughtful when rolling them out. You will also be a core contributor to the maintenance and improvement of our existing systems. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will also be a teacher and a leader, providing guidance, education, and support to the rest of the team on all things mobile!
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 years of large-scale iOS experience in a team environment
- Willingness to learn some Android when needed (we have a cross-platform mobile team)
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- Experience working with Android a plus
We are open to considering candidates on a remote basis if they are excellent communicators, and have had past experience with (and success in) working remotely.