Senior iOS Engineer – (Remote)
With over 15 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
About the Job
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as a Senior iOS Engineer:
- Develop telemetry systems to measure and improve application performance in the wild.
- Improve app launch times, which in turn improves retention makes our users even happier.
- Build app-wide support for right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew.
- Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent.
You are someone who is:
- Comfortable with supporting various versions of iOS and new technologies as they come out.
- Experienced with cutting-edge client-server communication. Our servers handle over 2.1 billion requests per day from our iOS app alone, so any optimizations you make will be incredibly impactful to our business.
- Has proven results in improving app launch times and performance. We are polishing a finely-tuned machine, and making it lightning fast for our users. Every second of launch time you can save will mean our users will love our app even more.
- Comfortable developing cross-functional features that span several platforms. You will have ownership over the performance of our iOS app, and will be able to make broad-reaching improvements in the user experience.
You have the following experience:
- Minimum 3+ years of iOS development experience
- Experience working on a shipping app
- Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in iOS
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Cocoa ecosystem
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment
We‘d be excited if you have:
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms
- Experience with RxSwift or other streaming methodologies
- Experience with multiple design patterns, such as MVC, MVVM, and VIPER
- Experience with advanced networking technologies like MQTT or WebSockets