Sr. International Tax Manager
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful Bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
We are looking for a fantastic tax manager to join our global finance team, helping to support Kraken’s fast paced growth around the world. The tax manager will report to the company’s head of finance and will focus on U.S. and international tax matters.
This role is based in the U.S. or Canada and is remote.
- Work closely with internal teams and external tax advisors to ensure the business is compliant in its tax filings (international, U.S. federal, state, and local)
- Develop and implement the Company’s global tax strategies (direct and indirect taxes)
- Monitor current and impending changes to tax laws and regulation (e.g. GILTI) for business impacts
- Assist with transfer pricing issues and maintain inter-company agreements
- Support international tax planning projects, including modeling for financial impact of taxes
- Develop and implement scalable processes to support the Company’s periodic financial reporting needs, including the calculation of tax provisions
- Devise and maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- Prepare and manage tax audits
- Assist in M&A initiatives and special projects
- Set foundation for a strong and self-sustaining internal tax team
- Minimum 8 years of combined experience in Big 4 and/or a US-based multinational company
- Bachelor‘s degree in Tax, Accounting, or related field
- Strong experience in tax operations and ability to drive process improvements
- Experience designing and implementing international tax strategies, including direct and indirect taxes
- Significant experience dealing with international, U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Experience with inter-company transactions and transfer pricing issues
- Impeccable command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Strong capabilities in financial analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated tax concepts to executives and the Company’s Board of Directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with tax software (UltraTax CS, RIA Checkpoint, BNA, etc.) a plus.
- Master’s Degree in Tax (MST) or JD/LLM or other equivalent