Senior Intellectual Property Paralegal at Twilio
Senior IP Paralegal
- Location: Remote – US
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why, and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. IP Paralegal to be an early key contributor in protecting and enforcing IP for Twilio globally. The person in this role will assist in all aspects of IP – patent prosecution, trademark protection, IP licensing, open-source management, and M+A integration. Reporting to the Managing IP Counsel, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growing IP portfolio and processes and will work closely with engineering, product, marketing, and integration teams.
Twilio is looking for a Sr. IP Paralegal who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working with IP protection and enforcement. They also have:
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal in the area of intellectual property law (with at least 2 years at a law firm and at least 2 years in-house, preferably, at a tech company);
- Experience in patent docketing, implementing IP systems, and trademark protection and enforcement;
- Maintained a patent management system including working with outside counsel to ensure records are complete and accurate;
- Provided assistance to in-house attorneys in reviewing and analyzing trademark watch notices and provide opinions based on industry- and company-specific factors and trends;
- Assisted in developing reports and presentations, drafted basic legal documents, compiled evidence, and organized/maintained databases and legal files;
- Strong analytical skills and detailed oriented;
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow set appropriate priorities with clients, and deliver results efficiently;
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach; and
- Good sense of humor, interest in learning new things, and desire to get things done.
As a Sr. IP Paralegal, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead the tracking and enforcement process for Twilio’s IP.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop and manage policies for IP protection, IP enforcement, and open source.
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement changes to the IP program for greater efficiency and visibility.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
This is a critical early role on Twilio’s growing IP team. You will be a go-to legal resource for all Twilio employees developing or engaging with our IP. You will work closely with our engineering, product, and marketing teams in protecting IP and avoiding third-party IP risks.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be remote in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
- Denver/Boulder Metro: Tier 4 base salary range: $90,752 – $124,784
- Rest of Colorado: Tier 5 base salary range: $79,408 – $109,186
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave:
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends:
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!