Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Sight Machine
Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Location: San Francisco CA or Remote US
Sight Machine is built on the shoulders of a unique, robust, and highly scalable Infrastructure as Code model. This enables the creation and operation of customer instances in our ecosystem in a standardized and simplified manner. Through our proprietary interface, Voltron, we provide self-service capabilities to our internal engineers and analysts to fill the need for frequent management of instances used for developing, tuning, and debugging customer implementations.
This role is front and center in the continuous development of this ecosystem. As a Senior Engineer your responsibilities are focused on expanding, improving, and maintaining the infrastructure that is core to our production and customer development environments. It will take a blend of technical expertise, experience with progressive IaC frameworks, customer-centric focus, and a team-oriented approach to solving architectural challenges with your peers on the application engineering side.
- Employing DevOps principles, provide technical operational support for all customers, internal and external
- Design new, and maintain existing, build, and deployment pipelines
- Design and code appropriate tools to support our internal platforms and systems
- Maintain our cloud-based services and infrastructure platforms on GCP and Azure, leveraging Kubernetes
- Participate in our on-call support schedule
- Proactively pursue opportunities to improve stability, cost containment, and security in a cost-efficient manner
- You embody the Lencioni Principles of Hungry, Humble, Smart
- Depth of understanding and experience in an Infrastructure-as-Code ecosystem
- Strong opinions about how balanced with a willingness to listen, learn and compromise
- Quality is driven in all that you do
- Strong Linux Fundamentals
- Expertise in Kubernetes
- Familiarity across 3rd party hosting ecosystems, especially GCP and Azure
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and you’re passionate about what you do
- You can work independently but also enjoy the collective and collaborative aspects of a team
- You value clear communication and you’re empathetic and respectful of others
- You have experience with our current tech stack: Nginx, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Postgres, MongoDB, and Jenkins with CasC
- Coding experience in any of Python, Bash, Powershell, Java
- You’re passionate about performance analysis and cost optimization of infrastructure
- Previous experience or a keen interest in industrial IoT and/or manufacturing analytics
Great things happen when people can bring their authentic selves to work. We empower all of our team members to share their perspectives, passions and experiences because collectively we make a better, stronger team.
Our team collaborates closely with peers & cross functional stakeholders throughout the business, our clients on the forefront of digital transformation, and the cutting edge of digital manufacturing thought leadership.
We take pride in our self-starter culture where employees are enabled and encouraged to achieve their professional goals through leadership guidance, learning and development. Our philosophy is that careers are continuous journeys, and we dedicate time and offer resources so that employees can reach their full potential.
Although we have offices in SF and Ann Arbor, we have a remote-friendly culture with folks based all around the US and the rest of the world.
- San Francisco or Remote (Pacific Time Zone coverage)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!